Ultimate Fighters
Want to partake in viewing member exclusive boards and to interact with everyone here? Create an account now to gain access to member status.
Ultimate Fighters
Want to partake in viewing member exclusive boards and to interact with everyone here? Create an account now to gain access to member status.
Ultimate Fighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Fighters

The Official Forum of Ultimate Fighters!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Assistance Trophies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rubens

Rubens

Assistance Trophies Empty
PostSubject: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Those days I was thinking about how cool would be add some Assistance Trophies on the game. That could increase the participation of more characters and using a few of game's capacity(Like one special attack for each character and leaving after using this.).
Back to top Go down
T.O.R.N.A.D.O

T.O.R.N.A.D.O

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:28 pm

Elaborate your idea a bit. I didn't get the topic's relation to the post.
Back to top Go down
Rubens

Rubens

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Assist Trophy is a kind of ''weapon'' used in Super Smash Bros Game and it spells some characters(Heroes or Villains) to help you against your opponent. Here is a video showing how does this work:

My suggestion was that it would be good on the game, once the All Stars is like a Super Smash Bros, but with Animes characters instead of Games characters. Surely, their attack should be way limited, like only using one special attack and leaving after this, avoiding taking too much space on game's capacity. This also would increase a few more characters in the game, even with a little appearance there.
Back to top Go down
Mecha_Azrid

Mecha_Azrid

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:38 pm

So it could potentially become an item that allows for a random anime character to support the character (so similar to Yugi's summoning) that used it or it could be implemented into a character's moveset which makes the support character do a move that does half damage or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
T.O.R.N.A.D.O

T.O.R.N.A.D.O

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 7:16 pm

We had originally planned that but it would make the game less fun.
Back to top Go down
Rubens

Rubens

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Less fun? I don't think so. This could show the variety and creativity of the game using the space to invest in other characters, even if their participation is minimal. I don't know how the LF2 system works, but is there a way to decrease the dropping frequency from this item? Maybe this could be a way to solve the ''less fun'' problem, if my guesses are right Razz
Back to top Go down
T.O.R.N.A.D.O

T.O.R.N.A.D.O

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:50 pm

Well first of all the game is primarily based on one on one match. If these items which summon special characters spawn then the original concept becomes useless. But we had planned the same for stage mode though. We will try to make it possible to make the thing only spawn in stage mode but not in vs mode.
Back to top Go down
Rubens

Rubens

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Oh, thats good to see! Hope you guys succeed on making this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[?]

[?]

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:46 am

Rubens wrote:
Less fun? I don't think so. This could show the variety and creativity of the game using the space to invest in other characters, even if their participation is minimal. I don't know how the LF2 system works, but is there a way to decrease the dropping frequency from this item? Maybe this could be a way to solve the ''less fun'' problem, if my guesses are right Razz

Yes it will be less fun :/ It is in SSB and NSUNS and someone on ntsd forum was making LF2 NSUNS so i think it will not be that fun. My sugestion is : don't do any special modes now , just focus on 1v1 and 2v2 system
Back to top Go down
Rhino.Freak

Rhino.Freak

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:36 pm

Its going to be less fun because the battles would tend to become more "luck based" than "skill based"..
However random (yet rare) support can be placed in stage mod like torny said.
Back to top Go down
Rubens

Rubens

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:22 am

Surely the focus now are the 1v1 and 2v2 battles. About the luck problem, thats why I said that, if there is a way to do this, the team could program it to appear in lower frequency, like 1 of this must drop on the same chances as dropping 15 or more health bottles. But guessing better, this would be useful only on stage mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assistance Trophies   Assistance Trophies Empty

Back to top Go down

Assistance Trophies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Fighters :: Bug Reports and Suggestions-
Jump to: