Ultimate Fighters
Want to partake in viewing member exclusive boards and to interact with everyone here? Create an account now to gain access to member status.
Ultimate Fighters
Want to partake in viewing member exclusive boards and to interact with everyone here? Create an account now to gain access to member status.
Ultimate Fighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Fighters

The Official Forum of Ultimate Fighters!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Personal Feedback Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Lynx

Mr. Lynx

Personal Feedback Thread Empty
PostSubject: Personal Feedback Thread   Personal Feedback Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 5:54 am

I didn't fully explore this mod, but I am comfortable enough with what I found so far

If you want the MP to have a different pacing, come to me. I personally hate how slow LF2 is at the start and how crazy it gets at the end.
I can't say I like how combos feel in this game. Both ground and juggles. Attacks are so slow and nothing dizzies properly. You can simply block the next hit afterwards. While this was a thing in LF2, final hits were always allowed to be a free hit. Attacks with delays such as third hits can easily be jumped out of. This can be fixed by making the first two hits dizzy the opponent. Juggles are mostly dependent on special moves. Juggles that aren't can most likely be flipped. Meh, all I can say. Addendum: The reason this isn't seen much is because most people press attack on instinct in hopes to get out. However, attacks dizzying properly would be rewarding.
You can use your double jump during the couching frames. Mashing jump essentially just keeps you on the ground and then when you get up you can't jump at all. Fix that please. I like how you can press jump then attack to do the last hit, but it kinda interferes with the DJA recovery input.
Gotta give props on giving characters enough moves to allow decent counterplay of what could be extremely overpowering and busted tactics. Too bad that gameplay is extremely draining on the MP on both ends.
Air attacks are definitely hit and miss. Some characters' jumps make using their attack a little hard like Edward's. Others are busted like Yugi being able to spam projectiles endlessly. I'll cover a WTF one later on.

Yugi has a little problem with his air attack. It can be spammed to no end. Use a hit_a to see if you can prevent the 0MP spamming. If you can't, you should tone it down. I am so glad that Yugi can be hit out of his OHKOs but they're so extreme that they are rather pointless to use in a real fight.
Edward is a good defensive fighter. Hopefully he gets a little more as his special moves are a little on the slow side. He also has the least amount of moves out of the whole roster. As much as I would love to keep using him, he becomes predictable.
I don't know who the hell Hibari is, but his design is pretty neat. You might want to tone down is AJ attack though. It's way too rewarding for its current cost. Which seems like 75 MP for 150 damage when the usual special move does a little less than its MP cost. His dash attack goes into a jumping state afterwards which is pretty deadly in terms of movement and pressure options. Make a frame for him to go into after the attack so he can just land.
Sawada is just... what? Why doesn't XX burner consume Vongola Box? Why is his aerial attack so weird? Why aren't there any dvy: 550 frames to make the attack work as intended? What the hell is that attack supposed to be anyway? An arc or a dive? You can do both depending on when you press attack. LF2's physics are weird like that, but at least there exists a workaround. His D^A is not assigned to his guarding frames so it comes out late.

Conclusion: I'm not an anime person, so I don't know everyone. 16 characters is impressive. There is a lot of room for polish. I'd like to see this game balanced through imbalance, but the first step to doing that is to make sure things feel right. Consistency is the first step to polish. There are characters that have a lot of depth, and there are characters that have very little. It's a little disappointing that with all of you helping there are so many weird oddities in the gameplay. Remembering the burning infinite loop on LFE made me realize why such problems exists. I'm not a master of forethought, but there really isn't enough going around equally with the number of oversights present.

Also worth noting is an AI bug: I was fighting Ichigo and he ran into a weird loop by repeatedly attacking right in a certain spot. It was as if he loaded an LF2 character with his sprites and kept mashing A. Two-frame, offcentered punches. I forgot to record it and had a little trouble recreating it. I don't know if it was some sort of transformation, but the AI was definitely broken.
Back to top Go down
Rhino.Freak

Rhino.Freak

PostSubject: Re: Personal Feedback Thread   Personal Feedback Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 11:19 pm

Thanks for the review!
I guess you're right about Melee combos. You can expect the 'dance of pain' state in second last hit of melee combo in future.
The double Jump will be fixed too.
As for JA interfering with DJA input, can't say it ever happened to me.
Yugi having no MP to do his Jump Attack is indeed a bug, consider it fixed.
About his OHKO beams, I assume by 'real fights' you meant online or serious fights. It's true but then again it's for fun. Yugi should have those moves so he has them.
About bugs/issues mentioned in Hibari and Tsuna, yes they'll be fixed.
I don't see a problem with his air attack being an arc or dive. But we'll try and see how it looks with a dvy:550.
"There are characters that have a lot of depth, and there are characters that have very little"
May you mention which characters lie in which category? Will help us improve the characters which feel empty.
Please mention a few underpowered and overpowered characters.
Also Edward is going to have more moves! Smile

Not sure what that Ichigo bug is about.. we'll check!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lynx

Mr. Lynx

PostSubject: Re: Personal Feedback Thread   Personal Feedback Thread EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Now that most of the negative feedback is out of the way, I'm gonna be a little more positive.
Running feels slippery because everyone is fast. If you can't use a negative dvx to fix that, then don't worry about. It's minor.
I also tested Naruto and Goku, and I had no general problems with them. SSJ Goku seems negligibly slower in terms of attacks, but the more I look into it he isn't that unbalanced compared to his normal self. If he were to be a standalone I'd simply give him normal Goku's mobility. Normal Goku has more options overall, but SSJ's boosted damages (aside from Meteor Crash) kinda make up for it. Kaioken Rampage is a little awkward in that it doesn't hit consistently. For using 250 MP it really should be a lot more useful. Also, Normal has the godlike D^A.
Naruto's clones may be a little troublesome. As I stated yesterday both utilizing and countering such play is extremely MP-consuming on both ends. His Jump Attack shouldn't gimp his jump, or at least feel like that. See what happens when you adjust the centery to line up better. The attack is very good because he can cover more ground as well as attack low enough. I find it annoying that he can simply avoid every attack and is practically impossible to pin down. I'd place the ability either in the end of the hurt frames, or only during his dizzy, and PLEASE increase the MP cost to make players be more considerate of escaping. The same applies for Sasuke.
I was never a fan of Sasuke when he grew older. He became different in a way that was more drastic than everyone else. His design here is a bit more likeable to me. First of all, Chidori Stream has an offcenter in the end. The damage and MP cost is fine. His electric projectiles appear to be late-game keepaway with how little they do for a relatively hefty cost. Chidori Sword is also useless. I think all the hits should be knockdown with how little damage it does. The rest of him seems solid, becoming a healthy contrast from Naruto.
Luffy seems to be a little lost. He has a lot of good things going for him, but his movements don't feel fluid, especially Bazooka. Fluidity from movement is a difficult task. The last attack (Daihoru?) does multiple hits in the corner that seems unintentional. Make it vrest and increase the value to where it doesn't hit as often. It's extremely deadly. I can see Luffy being a good mid-range fighter that hits hard. He doesn't need to be fast or have a projectile as long as he has good damage output.
Gon is probably the worst character so far. He feels rushed and not well-thought-out at all. Gon's D^AA combo does not link unless spaced far away. His DvA does not follow into anything and leaves you open for punishment due to its recovery. Lower the dvx on the move so it can at least follow up with D^A for safety. You should also increase the dvx for the initial knockdown hit so the rest of the hits can follow up better. He can jump after hitting with a dash attack; pretty sure that isn't intended. Gon soars if you hold attack when you dash. Gon's DJA charge up allows him to charge past 500 MP. Why is it different from the other characters anyway? DvJ is a useless move. It does absolutely nothing for the damage and MP it has; it doesn't even knock down the opponent. I'll worry about his Jankenpo moves after seeing his fishing rod work properly.
The game seems to not be balanced in terms of early and late game. You have early-game options, and more options open up late-game. The problem is that some early-game options become overpowering because of increased MP regen and their now-negligible low MP cost. Aside from increasing the MP costs of options that become spammy, you can take a few pages from my book and alter the MP regen to take out 1 and 5 and boost MP every 200 HP. I'd like to look into making players start with 500 MP but there are so many 0C8 values...

Edward and Gon are the two characters I feel are underpowered for different reasons. One for the lack of moves, and the other for having moves that don't even work.
I don't think anybody feels extremely overpowered save for the things I feel need to be toned down. If anything, Hibari is probably the most overpowered because of that one single move that deals so much damage and shuts out so many approach options. Only Naruto and Sasuke could stand a chance because they can escape after the first hit and end up in a favorable position, and the ability to freely substitute is busted in itself.
Back to top Go down
A-MAN

A-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Personal Feedback Thread   Personal Feedback Thread EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 3:19 pm

I wanted to read your review so much, but didn't so that it doesn't influence mine:
*Copycat effect activates*
https://theultimatefighters.forumotion.com/t761-a-man-s-feedback-thread-p
But yes, now that I am done with mine; I agree with most of what you've said, except I think Edward plays very good with his current moveset. Rest is all on spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Feedback Thread   Personal Feedback Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Personal Feedback Thread
Page 1 of 1